Sunday, July 20, 2008

Healthy Cupcakes


Today my daughter & I made healthy cupcakes.  She loves to help bake, and these are a better alternative to regular cupcakes:

Healthy Cupcakes (Idea gleaned from HungryGirl)

1 Package Cake Mix (any kind--I've made chocolate before, and today we are using spice cake.  HungryGirl also suggests yellow and lemon cake mix)

1 15 oz can pumpkin (not pie filling, just plain pumpkin)

Mix the pumpkin with the cake mix.  It will be thick, but will come together.

Put into a muffin pan, and bake at 350 for about 17 minutes.

Feel free to frost them.  Today we are using with cream cheese frosting!

P.S. Judging from the AMAZING smell eminating from my oven, these are going to be the go-to treat for the Fall!!!  PumpkinSpicelicious!


3 comments:

MrsKatherineA said...

these sound delicious! Thanks so much for posting the recipe! xoxo

emilynoel83 said...

these look great! feel free to add me to your blogroll! thank you! :D

Adriene Rathbun said...

YUM, I love anything pumpkin! Will have to try this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin